About Kerri Koome:
While on maternity leave as a support worker for people with brain injuries, Kerri Koome, decided it was time to make a career change. Drawing on her passion for helping others, Koome was impressed with the dedication that SeaFirst placed on family and community. Over the years, she has built meaningful relationships with her clients by taking the time to understand their specific needs and providing them with security and peace of mind.
We sat down with Kerri to find out more about her career at SeaFirst. Here is what she had to say:
Q. What is your current position at SeaFirst?
A. I am a Personal Lines Supervisor at both the Westshore and Saanichton branches.
Q. What brought you to SeaFirst Insurance?
A. SeaFirst’s dedication to family and community.
Q. What do you like best about being a broker?
A. Learning something new every day.
Q. What brings you the highest level of satisfaction?
A. Problem solving. I love when something out of the ordinary comes up. You and your co-workers put your heads together to bring satisfaction to the clients while continuing to learn.
Q. What are some of your hobbies and/or interests?
A. I love to go camping and play golf. Though I must say that my 5 and 11-year-olds can out-golf me!
Q. What are three of the most serious questions you receive and how do you answer them?
1. Is this the cheapest you can get this policy?
- You can always find a cheaper policy, but the question is what that cheaper policy actually covers or does not cover you for. Let us do what we love to do, and we will find you the coverage that best suits your specific needs.
2. Do I need Earthquake Insurance?
- Yes, always! Would you be able to rebuild your home on your own without the insurance coverage? That small expense keeps your mind at peace.
3. Can I reduce the liability coverage on my vehicle?
- Yes, but please do not ever do this. For the $30 - $50 that this may save you over the year, it’s best to just pay the premium and protect yourself.
Q. What are your particular areas of expertise?
Q. What do you enjoy most about this type of insurance?
A. No client file is ever the same. We get to problem solve and build a relationship with our clients.
Kerri looks forward to helping you understand all your insurance needs.
Westshore Phone: 250-479-9110
Saanichton Phone: 250-652-5157